Good morning & happy Friday! Today’s featured breakfast is on the savory side – and actually dairy-free. I added healthy fats from avocado and salty flavor from nutritional yeast, so I didn’t see a need for cheese in this recipe – although it would be delicious! Feel free to add in any veggies you’d like too – I just wanted to keep mine simple.
Lightened Up Breakfast Burrito
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 low carb whole grain wrap
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (I used Egg Beaters)
- 1.5 tsp nutritional yeast (or substitute 2-3 Tbsp of your favorite shredded cheese)
- 2 Tbsp avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa
Lightly spray a pre-heated skillet with cooking spray.
Add tortilla to skillet and heat 2-3 minutes per side, until it just begins to brown.
Remove tortilla and add egg, stirring with a spatula to scramble the eggs.
Add cooked eggs to warm tortilla, then add toppings of choice (nutritional yeast and avocado).
Roll from the bottom, folding in the sides, then place seam side down on plate.
Top with salsa (and cheese, if desired).
Approximate nutrition information: 225 calories, 19g carbs, 7g fat, 21g protein
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough overnight oats
- Protein Packed Breakfast Wrap
- Triple Cinnamon French Toast
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookie