1. I’m really glad I stocked up on pumpkin last year. I snagged it for $0.69/can and haven’t it seen it under $1/can anywhere this year. My husband thinks I can start a pumpkin black market since there’s rumor of another shortage. PS, stove-top pumpkin oats are tasting way better than the overnight version since it’s started to get chilly at night.
1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cup water, 1/2 scoop protein powder,
1/3 cup pumpkin, almond butter, maple syrup, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp pumpkin spice
2. I sent my mom this picture of Lexi in her Mossimo-style sweater, and she said it looked like something from The Nightmare Before Christmas (one of my favorite Disney movies). The first time I saw the movie was in Disneyworld on Halloween – pretty great memory, but now I’ll have the “This is Halloween” song in my head all.day.long.
3. You have to check out Clean Chef Jacqui, a blog by one of my co-workers at my first job. She’s and incredibly talented chef and I know many of you would LOVE her recipes – like these protein pumpkin scones.
4. Finally updated the fitness log – it’s been a while! Now that the 10k is over and done with, I am struggling to find motivation to continue running. I’m hoping for a few miles after work today… we’ll see!
5. Need some perspective? Read this story, and then check out this friend of a friend’s blog about his (short) battle with kidney cancer. “Be kind to each other, love each other, and never leave anything undone.”