Good evening! Sorry I’ve been a bad blogger recently. I still haven’t caught up from the weekend. But forgive me, it’s my birthday week – not really until Thursday, but I’m starting the celebration early.
1. Birthday drink at Starbucks after a 3 mile run to kick off my day! I ordered the biggest size they have (I think it’s a Trenta now?!) and will get 3 mornings’ worth of coffee from it. Love freebies!
3. Best smoothie of the summer: cottage cheese, frozen cherries, vanilla almond milk. Consistency of a milkshake.
5. Found these at a Kroger at the beach two weeks ago (the same day that Love Grown was on sale) and I’m in love. Enjoyed some on an apple today. Why do I waste my time with peanut butter?
6. One pot mac and cheese was the only from scratch dinner I made last week. And it was good. This version: 4 cheese Italian and laughing cow cheese, mushrooms, red, yellow, and orange bell pepper, onion, chili powder, garlic, a touch of fat free ranch and buffalo sauce. And whole grain pasta (shhh).
7. I know I’ll win, but which fro-yo sounds better:
- A. Vanilla cake batter with sprinkles and caramel / raspberry with MARSHMALLOW topping, brownie dust and dark chocolate chips
- B. Vanilla cake batter and some other lame flavor with caramel and snickers bits
Answer: A, mine, obviously. But Adam’s bowl was 4x the size of mine. We really like Sincerely Yogurt (I reviewed it a few months ago here) and plan to make it our first choice from now on!
8. Got a few different flavors of these in the mail to try:
This bag was feta and herb, along with garlic/herb and cinnamon/sugar. Great portion control, great crunch, but I definitely preferred the sweet ones to the savory.
9. Airport food desperation during our layover last weekend:
Good, reasonably healthy, but way overpriced – over $5 for 3 tiny cookies! They really can charge you anything once you go through security and you’re stuck there for hours before your flight leaves.
10. The best. pizza. ever. I mentioned this place once before but it deserves a real restaurant review – coming soon! Have you ever seen so many veggies on a pizza?!
Tell me about some new foods you’ve tried recently!