Best breakfast of this past weekend right here:
Any berries would be great in this recipe.
Greek yogurt based filling (as opposed to the cottage cheese in the pumpkin version).
Strawberry and Almond Cream Crepes (serves 1)
- 1/3 cup prepared pancake batter, thinned to buttermilk consistency (I used Kodiak mix, thinned with water), yielding about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup fresh berries, chopped
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (0% Plain Chobani is my favorite, but Strawberry would be good, too)
- 2 Tbsp almond meal (or ground almonds)
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla stevia)
- sweetener, to taste (1-2 tsp of honey would be delicious)
- Pre-heat a skillet until a drop of water sizzles when added. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour 3-4 Tbsp of batter in to hot skillet, turning to coat and create a thin layer.
- When the edges begin to brown and the center looks dry, carefully flip (about 1.5 – 2 minutes), and cook an additional minute on second side. Repeat to make 3-4 crepes.
- Divide almond filling and strawberries among crepes.
- Roll carefully, and place on dish seam-side down.
- Garnish with powdered sugar; serve with extra strawberries, maple syrup or additional almond yogurt.
Approximate nutrition: 270 calories, 7 grams fat, 17 grams protein.
Favorite crepe/pancake filling?